Bowflex Max Trainer M6 Review
Bowflex Max Trainer M6 Detailed Overview
It comes with 16 levels of resistance; a wide range that would challenge devout marathoners or dedicated fitness enthusiasts. It’s a good option for athletic training and conditioning (easily includes high intensity interval training). You can monitor vitals on the M6’s unique burn rate display, as it shows how many calories you are burning each minute while it increases activity level targets throughout your workout. The multi-grip handles also make for comfortable, agile movements. Track your heart rate monitor by simply holding the integrated contact grips.
One of our favorite additions to the Bowflex M6 Trainer is the Bowflex Max Intelligence App, a platform that functions on artificial intelligence. This means that the Max Intelligence will assess your fitness level, monitor your workouts and logically suggest and increase your fitness competence to get to your goals. Essentially it’s akin to having your own personal trainer with you every time you jump on the M6. And with the 16 levels of resistance combined with the 29 available workout videos, your workouts will be new, challenging and exciting for a long time coming. The app does not come as part of the purchase of the trainer – it is a separate cost. The subscription is $149 annually or $14.95 monthly.
The M6 allows for two user profiles – connect and track all vitals under profiles specific to an individual. A premium media rack is situated in front to hold and easily access your tablet or smartphone.
Our Favorite Features
Some of our favorite parts of the Bowflex Max Trainer M6:
- Full body workout: The design allows for an effective upper body workout.
- Great low impact workout.
- Compact size: Perfect size for any size home gym.
- Bowflex Max Intelligence platform enabled. Max Intelligence is the new Bowflex app that uses artificial intelligence to analyze, predict and make suggestions each time you workout. It’s like having a personal trainer at your beck and call. Comes with access to 29 on demand instructor led videos.
- 16 levels of resistance: This is a wide range that challenges all levels of fitness.
- Burn rate display: Easily view calories burned etc.
- Heart rate monitor: Integrated so easy to use without being too distracting.
- Maximum user weight: 300 lbs., means just about anyone can use it.
- Connect/track up to two individual users
Bowflex Max Trainer M6 - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||Yes|
|Flywheel:||magnetic and fan based resistance|
|Dimensions:||49" L x 30.5" W x 65.5" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
Here is a downside of choosing the Bowflex MaxTrainer M6:
- Warranty: Although three years is fairly decent for frames and parts, the 90 day labor is short, considering if anything could go wrong it won’t likely be in the first 90 days.
The Bottom Line
The Bowflex Max Trainer M6 is a great choice if you want to increase your endurance and tone your whole body, effectively and efficiently. It’s a couple of levels below the Bowflex Max Trainer M8, but it’s just as good. It offers 16 levels of resistance, enough to test even the most fit. It is enabled with the Bowflex Max Intelligence App, albeit you will require a subscription for all that it offers, some workouts are free. But the coolest thing about the app is that is it functions with an artificial intelligence platform, in so that it can assess you just the same as a personal trainer would. It’s compact. It can accommodate two profiles to track use and performance. It’s an affordable and a great machine to add to your home gym.