NordicTrack C 7.5 Elliptical Review
The C 7.5 is equipped with a 20 pound flywheel and has a weight capacity of 325 pounds, which are both quite decent specs for an entry-level model. The stride is fixed at 20″. There are much fewer adjustable features on this trainer than others, but you can still adjust your incline levels with the 0 to 20 degree power adjustable ramp and there are 22 levels of resistance to choose from as well. By altering the incline and resistance, you can optimize your routine to tone and burn calories for total body workout that is very low impact.
The console features a 5-inch backlit display screen with an extra wide viewing angle, an integrated shelf for your devices, and an Autobreeze workout fan that will automatically adjust speed based on the intensity of your workout (the fan can also be manually adjusted). The audio options include iPod compatibility as well as two 2-inch speakers built into the console. For program options, the C 7.5 has 26 built-in workout apps that range from interval training programs to fat loss programs. Plus you can monitor your heart rate through two integrated EKG pulse grip sensors that send readouts directly to the console. This console is also Bluetooth enabled to be able to work your iFit program via your device (if you have a subscription to the iFit program, of course).
NordicTrack offers a lifetime warranty on the frame, 2 years coverage on parts, and 1 year coverage on labor.
Our Favorite Features
- Price is reasonable at just $799, the most inexpensive model in the series.
- Power adjustable incline of 0 to 20 degrees allows you to target specific muscle groups.
- 22 levels of digital resistance makes it easy to ramp up the intensity of workouts and burn more calories.
- Softtouch(TM) upper-body grips and multi-positional handlebars help take strain out of the arms when you’re working at higher levels of intensity.
- Program variety with 26 pre-loaded workout apps, all designed by personal trainers.
- Easy assembly that mercifully doesn’t require hours of set up.
- iFit Bluetooth smart enabled console allows you to connect with your iFit subscription using your device.
- Compact design with transport wheels makes it ideal for home use, especially if space is a concern.
NordicTrack C 7.5 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Incline:||0 - 20 degrees|
|Stride Length:||20" Power-Adjustable|
|Programs:||26 Workout Apps|
|Weight Capacity:||325 LBS|
|Dimensions:||67.1" L x 25" W x 69.1" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Smaller display at just 5” (the smallest size available).
- Non-adjustable fixed stride set at 20” means not all users will be comfortable on the same machine and not all movements can be achieved.
- Limited console space for phone, keys, etc. (it’s especially difficult for your devices to be kept safe/secure while you workout since this model lacks an integrated tablet holder)
- Non-adjustable pedals may be a comfort concern.
- Unimpressive warranty covers just 2 years on parts and 1 year on labor with no coverage to speak of on the motor.
- Not wired for wireless heart rate monitoring, so you’re only option is the rely on the accuracy of the built-in sensors on the stationary handlebars.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for top entertainment features with a flashy high-tech console, look elsewhere. However; if you’re okay with the basic workout readouts and not much else, the C 7.5 might be a great fit for you. In terms of comfort features, this model has you covered but don’t expect too many customizable options. This model is an entry-level trainer, so the price is its best selling point (along with the reputation of the brand). So if you don’t want to spend money on features that you might not even use, the NordicTrack C 7.5 offers an affordable elliptical trainer that almost anyone can enjoy. If you are looking for more in the way of bells and whistles, check out their other models in this series like the NordicTrack C 12.9 Elliptical or the C 9.5 Elliptical.