ProForm Hybrid Trainer Elliptical Review
The 13-pound flywheel is 0.6 pounds heavier than the previous model and offers greater adjustable features, making it more comfortable than ever to use. It also boasts a more user-friendly console and throws in a ventilated seat for maximum air-flow circulation.
This model features 16 different resistance levels to maximize workout progression by allowing users to dial up their resistance whenever the need strikes. The elliptical stride has been stretched to 15 inches, and with 16 built-in workout programs to choose from, as well as a LCD display screen that shows you how many watts of power you’re producing during your workout session, keeping track of progress has never been easier.
And, the machine practically has a built-in personal trainer. The console of this machine is also iFit and Bluetooth-enabled for seamless integration of workout app programs into sessions if the Proform Hybrid Trainer’s built-in programs get old. You also get a tablet holder built right into the console so that you can use the device of your choice to monitor your workout or provide mid-sweat entertainment.
When it comes to customization, this machine offers it all. You’ll get oversized adjustable pedals to keep your feet securely in place, an adjustable seat for maximum comfort, and even an adjustable console, for easy monitoring of your workout data no matter.
Now, where does the ProForm Hybrid Trainer Elliptical fall short? We feel that the biggest downfall fall of the machine is a fairly minor one: The screen is quite small overall. Many folks used to other machines will notice this immediately. Fortunately, that’s quite a mild failing when you consider the price and performance of the trainer. It also comes with a 5-year warranty on the frame and a 90 day of parts and labor warranty, which is a nice bonus that should help put your mind at ease.
Our Favorite Features
- 2-in-1 Design. This trainer can transform from a bike into an elliptical in seconds.
- Tablet Holder. This tablet holder is extra wide and very secure so you can comfortably rest your tablet or smart phone in place during a workout session. It’s built in right at eye-level too, making it comfortable to use mid-workout.
- iFit Bluetooth Enabled. For easy tracking of workout data in conjunction with the workout programming options built in to help guide your sessions.
- Superior Foot Pedals. You’ll get more cushioning and traction to smooth out your workout and ensure you can focus entirely on the burn.
- Watts Power Meter. See exactly how many watts of power are burnt during the workout.
- 16 Built-In Workout Sessions. No matter what your goals with this machine, you can find a built-in workout that will support them.
- Silent Magnetic Technology. Exercise at any hour of the day or night without fear of the machine making a peep.
- Sturdy Frame. Built with steel frame construction, this machine is made to last.
- Affordability. Among the most budget-friendly units on the market.
ProForm Hybrid Trainer Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Stride Length:||15 inches|
|Programs:||16 workout apps|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||63" L x 26" W x 76" H|
Our Least Favorite Features
- Limited warranty. While other ProForm models offer lifetime warranties on the frame, this model offers only a 5-year warranty on the frame and only 90 day warranty on parts and labor
- iFit Subscription Required. Not included with the machine, adding addition hidden cost for those intending to use iFit.
- Mildly Lacking Console. Not nearly as many built in options as other machines.
- Can’t Be Folded For Storage. Not ideal machine for small living spaces.
- Lacks In-Handle Incline Controls. Any incline adjustments must be made pre-workout.
The Bottom Line
The ProForm Hybrid trainer is a versatile piece of equipment that is affordable, durable and quiet. The stride is still very compact at just 15 inches, so it might not be a great fit for users of all shapes and sizes, but overall this is an affordable, versatile, and reliable option for anyone starting to assemble their home gym.