NordicTrack C 12.9 Elliptical Review
Key to the workout experience is iFit Coach; a one-year subscription is included in your checkout cart. iFit Coach is meant to help replace a gym membership or personal trainer by delivering adaptive personal training. Every day you’ll receive customized iFit Coach elliptical workout suggestions and other personalized fitness tips. The more you tell iFit Coach about your meals and other fitness activity, the more tailored the suggestions will be. Additionally you can use iFit Coach for workout programming and other fitness support away from your elliptical machine.
Highlights of Fit Coach workout programs include
- High-definition video workouts filmed with world-class personal trainers
- Interactive Google Maps workouts with endless variety
Your progress is shown on a 7” touchscreen, which also has a web browser.
To support smooth striding with just-right resistance, NordicTrack equips the C 12.9 with a 32-pound flywheel and 26 resistance settings. For quiet operation and precision, the resistance is magnetically controlled.
Stride length is adjustable from 18” to 20” to fit the typical user’s natural gait, and for variation a power incline is included. Hike with up to 20 degree angle! For comfort the C 12.9 also lets you choose from three angle settings for your foot position.
With a C Series elliptical you can exercise just your lower half, or use the moving arm bars as you step for a total-body workout. Other features of the new NordicTrack C 12.9 are 35 built-in workout apps, 2” stereo speakers for an MP3 player, an adjustable tablet computer holder, a cooling fan, and a water bottle holder.
NordicTrack provides a lifetime warranty on the frame, five years of coverage for parts, and two years of coverage for labor.
Our Favorite Features
- Adjustable stride length and three foot positions let the machine fit different users
- Heavy flywheel supports very low-impact striding and supports light to strong resistance
- Moving and stationary handlebars give a choice of total-body cross training or a focus on the lower body
- Padded grips with multiple holding positions on the handlebars to help keep your hands comfortable
- Power adjustable incline of zero to 20 degrees allows targeting of specific muscle groups like the glutes, quads or hamstrings
- Enabled for iFit Coach for unlimited new workout programs, automated statistics logging and other personal training features
- Built-in workout program variety with 35 apps focused on fat burn, building your endurance, and other exercise goals
- High-definition 7” display screen has web browser and touch technology for easy navigation as you move
- Adjustable tablet holder makes it convenient to use your favorite apps during workouts
- Two heart rate monitoring options including contact sensors and wireless telemetry with chest strap included
- Generous standard warranty for full price and a fantastic warranty when the machine is obtained at a discount
Our Least Favorite Features
- Assembly takes longer than advertised and requires two people
- iFit Coach membership is required for a year instead of being monthly or optional
- Not a space-saving elliptical, unlike center drive ellipticals and NordicTrack rear drive folding ellipticals
NordicTrack C 12.9 Elliptical - Notable Specs:
|Compact / Folding:||No|
|Programs:||35 Workout Apps|
|Fan:||Autobreeze Workout Fan|
|Weight Capacity:||350 LBS|
|Dimensions:||80.25" L x 26" W x 64.5" H|
The Bottom Line
The NordicTrack C 12.9 is a favorite option for multi-user households thanks to its durability and custom mechanical settings… and since iFit Coach is included with new interactive workouts everyday, this cross trainer is an ideal match for anyone who wants training guidance and/or would normally lose interest in indoor exercise. Besides all that there’s an Android browser, a sound system and space to securely dock your own tablet computer. With the 32-pound drive to keep you challenged, and a five-year parts warranty to keep your investment protected, the new C 12.9 Elliptical is a bargain on sale for less than $1,299.